On a monthly basis, Westfield Middle School honors one student at each grade level as the Student of the Month. Teachers and staff had the opportunity to nominate one student who they believed met the following criteria:
1. Follows Westfield's Rules of Respect for staff and peers
2. Shows outstanding effort and improvement or shows achievement and consistent high scores on tests, quizzes and projects
3. Prepared daily to participate in all classes
4. Serves as a positive role model for peers
5. Demonstrates a positive attitude and good citizenship
Three students were selected as a Student of the Month for the month of September.
The 6th grade recipient is Jessica Navarro (not pictured). In school, her favorite subjects are math, technology, and chorus. Outside of school Jessica enjoys putting math and technology to practical use, and hopes to someday become a math teacher. Madeline Lancaster received this honor for the 7th grade. In school she enjoys her social studies class and technology. She also plays basketball, and in the future, she would like to attend an ivy league college and become a surgeon or a veterinarian. At the 8th grade level Sophie Devlin was selected as Student of the Month. In school, her favorite class is English Language Arts, because she loves creative writing. She plays soccer and particularly enjoys the teamwork. Sophie would like to study zoology in college and pursue a career that allows her to work with animals someday.
The Westfield School and community offer their congratulations to these outstanding students.